Discurso de aceitação do Prémio Nobel da Economia - John Nash (1994)


John Nash aqui interpretado por Russel Crowe em A Beautiful Mind (2001)

Nash: Thank you. I've always believed in numbers and the equations and logics that lead to reason.
But after a lifetime of such pursuits, I ask,
"What truly is logic?"
"Who decides reason?"
My quest has taken me through the physical, the metaphysical, the delusional -- and back.
And I have made the most important discovery of my career, the most important discovery of my life: It is only in the mysterious equations of love that any logic or reasons can be found.
I'm only here tonight because of you [wife, Alicia].
You are the reason I am.
You are all my reasons.
Thank you


John Forbes Nash
(13/06/1928 - 23/05/2015)

Comentários

Mensagens populares deste blogue

OS JOVENS DE HOJE segundo Sócrates

Hino da Padroeira

O passeio de Santo António